Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thumper

Dear Baby,

You may not realize it, but you're only four months away from meeting a lot of people who are very excited to meet you. It seems like just yesterday that your mom and I got the fantastic news that you'd soon be coming into our world. And we're just as excited today - actually, even more excited - about meeting you than we were five months ago.

In the meantime, your mom and I have had some fun discussions about in utero nicknames for you. She's still more of a fan of "baby" and "it," while I've been trying to think of a fun nickname that fits your current personality.

Last night, while you were busy kicking and twitching in your mom's belly, I realized two things: (a) you already have a tremendous amount of energy, and (b) you really seem to enjoy thumping away in your mom's belly. And as I felt your energetic kicks last night, I got a proud papa grin and said, "that's my little Thumper."

Of course, four months from now, your mom and I will give you a different (and even more special) name. But in the meantime, if you hear the name "Thumper," you'll know your proud papa is thinking of you.


Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment