Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas in Escanaba






On Sunday, December 27th, we said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Handrich and headed to Grandma Van Ermen's house in Escanaba, MI.

Interestingly, Daddy and I dropped Mommy off in Green Bay so she and Uncle Matthew could go to the Packer-Seahawk game that afternoon. Meanwhile, as Mommy and Uncle Matthew froze themselves at Lambeau Field, Daddy and I continued our trek north to Escanaba. Since Daddy had the Christmas music playing on his iPod, the trip wasn't too bad, although I got a bit cranky with him on the last hour of the trip since I didn't nap very much earlier that morning.

Nonetheless, we all arrived safely in Escanaba, and I spent five wonderful days playing with a lot of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Of course, I got even more practice opening Christmas presents. I'm really starting to get the hang of this paper-ripping process! And I let Mommy have some fun with the bow, which somehow ended up on top of my head.

I also got to spend more time in Grandma's "jumperoo," which is a toy I absolutely love. It lets me stand up and play with all sorts of fun toys and gadgets - one of which is a fuzzy green dragon puppet. And since I'm currently knee-deep in the teething process, I LOVE chomping on the fuzzy green dragon. Let's just say the dragon knows who's boss. :-)

Overall, the three of us had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing holiday season. We're all very thankful for our smooth, safe travels, and the blessing of being able to spend the holidays with our loved ones.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel is certainly a precious little girl! Congratulations Paul & Martha - someday I hope to get to meet Rachel and Martha!
    Cousin Gerrye in Texas. my e-mail is gadjett1@att.net
    (I don't understand the "Comment as:" thing - Google acct didn't work, so I'll comment as Anomyous....

    ReplyDelete