Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Fun Rachel Faces

Yet again, Mommy and Daddy are tardy with their blog updating responsibilities. Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?

The past few weeks have been very good for me. I'm eating cereal, vegetables, and fruits like a champion...and I especially love eating my cereal in the morning. When you're my age, 12 hours between meals is a long time to wait!

And in addition to becoming just a little bit bigger each day, I'm also learning how to express myself more and more. Most days, I'm just a coo-ing machine. On some days, I prefer other fun sounds (the occasional whine, an unexpected whimper, or the "where did that come from?" alpha-girl scream) just to keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes. But no matter the day, I'm keeping my parents entertained with a variety of random facial expressions and poses.

Here's an instant classic - the "I wasn't born yesterday, you know...do I really look that gullible?" pose:


And here's my "let me brace myself - I can't believe it!" pose...I think this is when Daddy told me the Massachusetts Senate seat held for decades by the Kennedy brothers was soon to be occupied by a Republican, which is apparently big news in that part of the country...either that, or maybe this picture came right after I watched Marquette take down Connecticut (at UConn, in fact) in a thrilling 70-68 nailbiter. Politics, sports, whatever...I'm up on my current events.



And of course, here's my "I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but you bet your bottom dollar I can hold my foot and look at the camera at the same time" look. Ironically enough, I was only holding one foot in this picture...these days, you'll more commonly find me grabbing both feet at once just before I try shoving my toes in my mouth. Mommy and Daddy don't really like that pose much...I just don't understand why.



So there you have it - a few weeks in the life of a soon-to-be-six-month-old. Stay tuned, because I'm just starting to sit up on my own...oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment